The heart of the home has always been the hearth. From cooking to entertaining, the bright flames flickering within attract family and friends to gather and share special memories with one another. Over the years, the fireplace has evolved from simple and functional to the beautifully designed fireplaces we enjoy today.
Modern fireplace designs incorporate form and functionality in equal measure. The following ideas will make your fireplace stand out:
- Inset wood storage. If you have a wood burning fireplace, set wood storage into the walls on both sides. If you have a gas fireplace, use these spaces to instead showcase statues or other collectibles.
- Create a show. Instead of boxing your fireplace up, consider installing a gas fireplace along the entire length of the wall.
- Make it unique. Don’t feel confined by squares and rectangles. Instead, incorporate curves, angles, and other non-traditional elements that will make your fireplace a work of art.
We encourage you to contact us at Design Build Team Inc. today for more information about the modern fireplace designs we can show you. Our professionals will be happy to suggest features and layouts that are ideal for your home and lifestyle.
Bathrooms can get cluttered and cramped very quickly. That is one reason why many people opt for minimalist bathroom design within their homes. It is simple, easy to maintain, and doesn’t make you feel claustrophobic every time you enter.
At the heart of the design is a smoothness of color palettes. The contrasts are subtle, usually created by combining white, beige, and brown colors. The color palette is further enhanced by the careful placement of recessed lighting, skylights, and windows. The result is an open and airy space that is inviting throughout the day.
Architectural features should be kept to a minimum. Cabinets, ceiling fixtures, and flooring should be used to create functionality, but not be so large that they are intrusive. The objective is to blend them into the design so that they appear to naturally spring forth from within the room.
Need help creating a minimalist bathroom design for your home? We invite you to contact Design Build Team, Inc. by calling 913-722-1443. We will be happy to use all our talent and skill to design the bathroom that’s perfect for your home and lifestyle.
The variety of firewood storage designs have come a long way since the days of woodpiles and simple boxes. Here are some creative and beautiful solutions that will make storing firewood a stylish proposition:
- Rolling Carts with Tall Uprights. These rolling carts make it easy for you to haul wood into your home. Plus, because they can be constructed from a wide variety of materials, you can build one custom to match your decor.
- Storage Nooks. By creating firewood storage nooks beside your fireplace, you can free up space on your hearth and also reduce the risk of embers igniting your wood pile.
- Storage Drawers. If you don’t want to look at your woodpile, store it away in a custom built drawer that will also collect any bark or branches that break off.
- Steel Towers. These look beautiful within modern homes. Their stylish look and black frame turns the storage rack into a centerpiece that’s sure to spark some conversations.
Our team will be happy to help you choose the firewood storage design that fits with your style. We invite you to contact us at Design Build Team today to learn more about our home design services in Kansas City.