Decorating with mirrored furniture gives your rooms a little added depth embedded right in the decor. Here are some creative and interesting ways to incorporate mirrors into your design plans:
- Place mirrored tops on coffee tables, buffets, and dining tables. These create a nice connection between the room and the items you’re serving.
- Add mirrored doors to cabinetry. The reflection will open the room up while enhancing the ambiance.
- Searching for a truly modern look? Select polished metal. It’s easy to maintain and the reflective finish will have all your guests talking about it for days.
- Use mirrors as highlights. Oversized mirrors placed above fireplaces or along walls are irresistible, and you will want to stare into them as often as you can.
- Finally, use mirrors to enhance patterns located within the furniture, carpets, or walls. It is an easy way to get more bang for your buck and further the reach of the patterns and styles you truly enjoy being surrounded by.
The Design Build Team, Inc. would be happy to help you decorate you home with mirrored furniture. All you have to do is contact us at 913-722-1443 and we’ll be happy to give you a hand.
Orange. Its fiery flair is just what the architect ordered to bring your dining room to life. Here are some orange dining room design ideas that your dinner guests are sure to be impressed with.
- Use orange as an accent. Bright orange is ideally suited for use as along an accent wall, and it looks absolutely stunning when used in conjunction with creamy white ceilings and metallic fixtures.
- Use orange throughout. Darker oranges such as pumpkin or burnt orange provide a subdued background that looks fabulous when matched with white crown moulding and chair rails.
- Incorporate orange as part of a pattern. Adding orange to patterns that include grey, blue, and even black gives the design a colorful and playful nature that makes the whole design stand up and come to life.
The best reason to incorporate a touch of orange is that it can be easily used with a wide variety of designs. From traditional to modern, a touch of orange creates a truly remarkable ambiance.
The Design Build Team, Inc. would be happy to help you design the dining room of your dreams. To learn more about the services we have to offer, contact us by calling 913-722-1443.
Bay windows are a fantastic addition to any room. From the outside they add geometric interest and from the inside they provide lots of light, seating, air circulation and storage options. They also create a cozy atmosphere, perfect for relaxing or entertaining.
There are lots of bay window design choices to make. Below are two contrasting styles we at Design Build Team love, as well as some specific aspects of each.
Traditional – A traditional bay window is inviting, comfortable and pretty. The windows can be detailed if they match the rest of the home. The cushions should be comfortable, made of pretty fabric with lots of matching pillows. Usually these windows have hidden bench storage and are framed by long curtains and valances.
Source: Home Design Lover
Modern – While not as classically beautiful as traditionally designed bay windows (no floral patterns here!), a modern design can be just as inviting and comfortable. Windows should be as large and open feeling as possible and the cushions should be comfortable, but made of solid colored fabrics. Built-in shelves are a fantastic and useful option for modern design. Also, instead of curtains, look for simple blinds made of natural materials.
Source: Home Design Lover
For more design tips and suggestions, contact the professionals at Design Build Team.