The right backsplash can transform a kitchen design from mundane to extraordinary. If you’re thinking of remodeling your kitchen, keep these creative kitchen backsplash design ideas in mind as you plan.
- Rectangular, gray stone tiles that are placed vertically on the wall make for a natural and relaxed-looking backsplash. Use white grout to create a crisp, refreshing look.
- A backsplash made from simple white ceramic tile looks elegant when it extends from the countertops all of the way up to the cupboards. Choose matching grout for a clean, pure white appearance.
- Metal is very trendy right now. Accentuate your stainless steel appliances with a stainless steel backsplash, made from metallic tiles rather than a full sheet of metal.
- Behind the stove, create a picture frame-inspired backsplash. Use one color of tile for the border, and create a central square from a second color of tile.
- Uneven, natural stone makes a stunning backsplash in a rustic or cabin-style home. Extend it all of the way up the wall for a dramatic look.
Our design build team in Kansas City is help you sort through creative kitchen backsplash design ideas. Contact Design Build Team to discuss your home remodeling project.
Small hallways can be more than just pathways from one room to another. When decorated properly, they can serve as small capsules of decor, adding interest and character to your home. Here are a few decorating ideas for small hallway walls.
Source: Architure Art Designs
A small table, placed along a wall and beneath a few hung photographs, makes for a lovely display. You can accentuate the table with some accessories, like an old ink blotter or a vase of flowers.
Try hanging a mirror in the hallways. Drape some interesting beads or scarves over it to add some Moroccan-inspired style to the space. Decorating with mirrored furniture also adds style to a small space.
Candelabras on the wall tend to add an old-fashioned, traditional look to the hallways. You can find ones that are fitted with electric, candle-shaped lights to add a warm glow to the space.
One of the best decorating ideas for small hallway walls is to use elegant wallpaper. Textured wallpaper and wallpaper with big prints adds interest to the space, and you can find both modern and traditional designs.
If you’re looking for design built firm in Kansas City, don’t hesitate to contact us at Design Build Team today.
If you love reading, adding a library to your home design is a great way to envelop your passion into your space, and also to share it with others. The following classic home library design ideas will help you create the perfect scholarly space.
- Try designing bookshelves into two adjacent walls. Floor to ceiling bookshelves look very classic and stately. In the corner between the walls, place an area rug and a few comfortable chairs where you can sit and read.
- You can create a small library near a window overlooking a beautiful yard, golf course, or other landscape. Build bookshelves above the window and to its sides, and create a seating area facing the window so you can look out as you read.
- Tall cabinets with glass doors make for a lovely library setup. The doors protect the books from dust, making it easier to keep them clean. Employ this design idea if you have an old or valuable book collection. Of course, a couple of sofas nearby soften the space.
We hope these classic home library design ideas inspire you. Contact us at Design Build Team today for information regarding our architecture services in Overland Park.