We can’t all be Carrie Bradshaw from “Sex in the City” and have our own custom-built closet best suited for our many Manolo Blahnik heels. However, you don’t have to sacrifice your life savings to have a closet best suited for your fashion finds. Here are few highlights in powerful home design that will help guide your way.
Lighting is essential for any closet. However, bright lights or fluorescent bulbs can fade clothes and leave fabrics in shambles. Opt for cove lighting that is recessed in strategic locations such as in the flooring and the walls. Alternatively, hang a vintage chandelier that is fitted with low watt bulbs for a glamorous choice.
As for the color scheme, who says that all closets must be solid white? Spice up your interior with a splash of color. Using a single accent wall painted in a dark color will add interest and depth to your space. Alternatively, you can paint the walls in a dark shade while using cabinetry in light hues, such as cream colored shelving on a navy blue background.
At Design Build Team Inc. you’ll find individualized home design solutions for your dream closet.
Here are the elements that must be considered in setting up an home gym:
- First, the fitness equipment in the home gym must be tailored to the tastes of the homeowners and their families. For example, there is no point to purchasing an exercise bike if no one is going to use it. Making sure that potential users are encouraged to exercise is essential to building a successful home gym.
- Make sure to have something to keep users entertained during exercise. Popular examples range from having a TV in the room to music and audiobooks. Similarly, make sure that the home gym has conveniences such as towels and bottled water to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
- Do not forget to install safety features in the home gym and its fitness equipment.
Design Build Team possess both the skills and the experience to help out homeowners interested in a home addition.
Photo Source: Shutterstock
Modular home by Design Build Team
Modular construction has become an increasingly popular option for homeowners. According to a National Association of Home Builder’s conference, the benefits of modular construction lie primarily in savings, including money, as well as sustainable design. A few other added benefits of modular construction include:
- Savings in Time. The average home takes nearly seven months to build. This is often due to circumstances beyond the buyer and builder’s control such as rain delays. Most modular homes are constructed in about five months, and they can be constructed as quickly as the buyer can make design decisions.
- Financial benefits. When constructing a modular home, buyers save approximately $20 per square foot in their permit value. Comparing permit price is a more accurate estimate than sale price, due to the speculative nature of construction sales.
- Construction benefits. In addition to saving the buyer time and money, modular homes are built an a temperature-controlled environment, and are not as susceptible to the moisture problems common in homes constructed on site.
Our Green Generation Homes offer a sustainable contemporary or traditional design ranging from 1,200 to 2,400 square feet. Call the Design Build Team at 888-570-1828 to discuss creating a green, energy-efficient modular home with our design experts.
image via Design Build Team