Even if your new home is everything you ever wanted it to be, there’s a fair chance that it still doesn’t have that comfortable “lived-in” feel. Here are some easy tips on decorating a new home and making each room feel warm and welcoming.
- Texture is huge when it comes to making a home both look and feel cozy and comfortable. Soft rugs, overstuffed throw pillows, flowing draperies and touches of natural wood are all ways of easily incorporating textural elements.
- Strategically placed table and floor lamps are both practical in providing good lighting for reading or crafts, along with making the space appear more intimate.
- Don’t hesitate to allow a room, especially an over-sized room, to do double duty. In a large living room, either arrange several sitting areas or create one large conversation zone, along with a separate space for gaming or watching television.
- Mix up furniture styles. Your home shouldn’t look like a furniture showroom. While visual harmony is important, comfort and functionality is paramount.
- Surround yourself with things that define you. Family mementos, vacation souvenirs, books and crafting and hobby materials are all objects that turn a house into a home.
Please contact the Design Build Team for all your architectural needs, today.
Inspiration and creativity come from more than sure luck.
Those with creative minds often find a special place in the view of the public. Their creations and ideas spark amazing followings and inspiration for the masses. Those incredible attributes that are so highly praised are not a sudden event that comes in a brilliant flash, but a conglomeration of processes that extend over periods of time.
Dr. R. Keith Sawyer, of Washington University, brings to light that everyone has the capacity to be creative. The most creative individuals are those that collaborate on concepts and have a wealth of experiences to pull knowledge from.
This same principle is the reason anyone hoping to make changes to their interior decor, or home design, should research the professionals they are planning to use. Companies that can provide a variety in the professional backgrounds of their associates, and have been established for an extended period, often have the most satisfied clientele.
At Design Build Team, the cooperative group that has come together provides the recommended variety and established competence that clients yearn for. These distinguished professional attributes are sure to deliver the creative touches that turn a project into the unique work of art homeowners seek.
Image Source: freedigitalphotos
Kansas City Spaces is the area’s most prestigious lifestyle magazine featuring fabulous homes and sharing current and unique fashion trends and design concepts. You can imagine our delight when editor Zim Loy featured a Mission Hills home renovation project from Design Build Team.
Source: Kansas City Spaces
The home’s charming 1950s French country architecture needed modernization, and the new owners wanted a more open concept. Having heard many negatives about marble countertop sustainability and appearance, the owner opted for a natural stone, quartzite. It gave an attractive, dramatic look when coupled with a Carrara marble subway tile backsplash.
Another unique idea was to add a second dishwasher! “We never have to look at dirty dishes sitting the sink!” said the satisfied homeowner. A former dining room was opened to the kitchen and redesigned as a family room area, giving the area a spacious, welcoming appearance.
Share your design ideas and questions with us by caling 913.722.1443, or contacting us online. You can also request additional information by completing our Project Survey. Let’s put your ideas to work!