While you’re certainly capable of completing certain projects yourselves, when it comes to large-scale home remodeling and construction, you might benefit more than you think from calling in a professional architect. Not only can they help you get the project running, they may also be able to help you realize your dreams more than you thought was possible.
Utilize the years of experience provided by an professional architect to complete a complex project at home.
Here are 5 reasons why you should hire an architect for your next home remodel:
- An architect can help you see the big picture and assess your specific needs. He or she will be able to refine your vision and understand the steps necessary to get there.
- They are able to satisfy building codes and meet your home’s structural demands. If any building permits are needed, they will handle the paperwork.
- An architect can help you hire all the construction professionals needed to complete the job.
- Your architect can design and manage the project to make sure it gets done in a timely manner.
- Architects have the ability to design an environmentally friendly project and go green with your remodel.
To hire a design professional and get started on your remodel, contact us at Design Build Team today.
Image Source: freedigitalphotos
The window is an aspect of architecture that is often overlooked. Their functionality, however, cannot be ignored. Windows provide natural light, protection from the elements and proper ventilation, and modern windows are especially designed to be more energy efficient.
Here are some window styles to choose from:
- Fixed Windows – Fixed windows are suited for locations between two other types of windows. The view through a fixed window is unobstructed and pure.
- Sliding Windows – Sliding windows are cheaper alternatives to the other operable windows.
- Mitered Windows – Mitered Windows are meant to highlight an important view. These windows are on the pricier side.
- Single or Double Hung - Hung windows are able to be lifted up or pushed down. Screens are fastened to the outside. If you don’t plan on opening your windows often, you may remove the screens.
- Casement Windows – Casement windows swing open much like a door. Because the screens are mounted on the inside, they make the exterior of the home quite attractive.
Buying new windows will benefit the outward appearance of your home and improve the ventilation inside. For more information on the benefits of replacing your windows, contact the experts at Design Build Team today.
IKEA recently revealed their findings from a first-ever study regarding how homeowners live in their preferred homes. The survey produced interesting facts with reference to what homeowners want in a new home:
How do people feel about their selected homes?
As much as 95% see their homes as a place to relax and 94% feel safe and secure in their homes. 78% feel their homes reveal their character and 50% prefer their homes to be welcoming and warm. A mere 1% wants their ideal home to reveal their own personal successes in life.
Which is the most lived in room?
65% of homeowners said that they live mostly in their family/living room. Furthermore, they prefer this room to be comfortable and a welcoming and extremely inviting area of the home.
What role does the kitchen play?
About 43% of homeowners said that they spend some truly memorable moments with their families while cooking a meal in the kitchen. This is higher than any other loved activity.
Which home space is rising in popularity?
Outdoor living and a home’s outdoor space is becoming exceedingly popular with most homeowners.
For unique and professional help while designing a home, please contact us today at Design Build Team.