The window is an aspect of architecture that is often overlooked. Their functionality, however, cannot be ignored. Windows provide natural light, protection from the elements and proper ventilation, and modern windows are especially designed to be more energy efficient.
Here are some window styles to choose from:
- Fixed Windows – Fixed windows are suited for locations between two other types of windows. The view through a fixed window is unobstructed and pure.
- Sliding Windows – Sliding windows are cheaper alternatives to the other operable windows.
- Mitered Windows – Mitered Windows are meant to highlight an important view. These windows are on the pricier side.
- Single or Double Hung - Hung windows are able to be lifted up or pushed down. Screens are fastened to the outside. If you don’t plan on opening your windows often, you may remove the screens.
- Casement Windows – Casement windows swing open much like a door. Because the screens are mounted on the inside, they make the exterior of the home quite attractive.
Buying new windows will benefit the outward appearance of your home and improve the ventilation inside. For more information on the benefits of replacing your windows, contact the experts at Design Build Team today.
IKEA recently revealed their findings from a first-ever study regarding how homeowners live in their preferred homes. The survey produced interesting facts with reference to what homeowners want in a new home:
How do people feel about their selected homes?
As much as 95% see their homes as a place to relax and 94% feel safe and secure in their homes. 78% feel their homes reveal their character and 50% prefer their homes to be welcoming and warm. A mere 1% wants their ideal home to reveal their own personal successes in life.
Which is the most lived in room?
65% of homeowners said that they live mostly in their family/living room. Furthermore, they prefer this room to be comfortable and a welcoming and extremely inviting area of the home.
What role does the kitchen play?
About 43% of homeowners said that they spend some truly memorable moments with their families while cooking a meal in the kitchen. This is higher than any other loved activity.
Which home space is rising in popularity?
Outdoor living and a home’s outdoor space is becoming exceedingly popular with most homeowners.
For unique and professional help while designing a home, please contact us today at Design Build Team.
When researching design options for a home, a minimalist decor is a well-appreciated choice. There are several benefits to this design concept, however, creating the signature balance of open space and minimal furnishings takes time and planning.
The minimal style allows a room, such as the living room with a open floor plan, to seem even larger. With less furnishings, accessories and distractions, it eliminates the clutter and stress that a packed room brings with it, leaving only clean lines and a refreshing atmosphere.
One feature of the minimalist design is the use of existing views and house features to bolster the final effect. A window open to a lovely outdoor view, a fireplace, or the simple beauty of a hardwood floor are just a few examples of the types of features which become a focal point in minimalist decor.
At the Design Build Team, our professionals are not only familiar with, but experienced with, developing an aesthetically pleasing design. Contact us today to learn more options and ideas.