Although the construction of green houses is beginning to catch on all over the world, there are still a number of issues that are raised concerning possible drawbacks of green building. To the contrary, green building has advantages.
Image via Shutterstock.
- Many developers care. Most developers should understand that green building will grow vastly into the future. More and more homeowners demand sustainability in their homes due to their increased understanding of climate change. More company owners are asking for green building as well in order to avoid “sick building syndrome”, which negatively affects business.
- Clients want sustainable home design. Sustainability can make homes more efficient, thereby lowering energy costs.
- Green building is affordable. Integrating sustainable design into the home’s initial design is often more cost efficient than adding sustainable features to an already built home. The costs associated with sustainable design are not much higher than the design of a non-sustainable building.
- Buyers will invest. Paying a little bit more up front can result in more money saved over the long-term due to lower utility bills.
Please visit Design Build Team online for more information on green houses.
The whirlwind tour continues of the best places in the world to see and study architecture. Asia, the United States, Europe and the Middle East are all represented so get your passport and take in these sites.
- Tokyo. Modern marvels dominate this city. Of particular note are the headquarters of Fuji TV on O’Daiba, the red and white Tokyo Tower and the Imperial Palace in Chiyoda. The suspension-designed roof of the Yoyogi National Gymnasium is a favorite of Kenzo Tange fans.
- New York. So many displays of architecture are situated in the Big Apple. Along with the spiral structure of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum by Frank Lloyd Wright to the Empire State Building by Gregory Johnson, and newer developments such as the Freedom Tower; the city really is a portfolio of changing architecture.
- Dehli. Traditional Indian architecture converges with modern styles.The Red Fort reminds visitors of Mughal creativity, while the Akshardham Hindu temple resembles the stupas of ancient times. Over at the Lotus Temple you’ll notice similarities to the Opera House in Sydney.
- Moscow. Eyes will open in the capital of Russia with the colorful Saint Basil’s Cathedral and Shukhov Tower, which UNESCO lists as one of the world’s most endangered buildings. The Seven Sisters provides a reminder of the Stalin years.
- Dubai. In the United Arab Emirates is where you’ll see new architectural additions. Standouts include Tom Wright’s Burj Al Arab.
As for Kansas City home architecture, Design Build Team is your resource for architecture, construction and sustainability.
Stone usually blends several hues and provides an interesting palette of colors that does not seem forced. As a homeowner you can use an existing stone structure for inspiration when updating exterior color. You can also add stone features to the porch or supporting structures of the home that can be easily remodeled. Below are tips on including stone in a home design project:
When you are ready to begin planning the remodel of your Kansas City home, contact Design Build Team at 888-570-1828.
Image via Houzz