The window is an aspect of architecture that is often overlooked. Their functionality, however, cannot be ignored. Windows provide natural light, protection from the elements and proper ventilation, and modern windows are especially designed to be more energy efficient.
Here are some window styles to choose from:
- Fixed Windows – Fixed windows are suited for locations between two other types of windows. The view through a fixed window is unobstructed and pure.
- Sliding Windows – Sliding windows are cheaper alternatives to the other operable windows.
- Mitered Windows – Mitered Windows are meant to highlight an important view. These windows are on the pricier side.
- Single or Double Hung - Hung windows are able to be lifted up or pushed down. Screens are fastened to the outside. If you don’t plan on opening your windows often, you may remove the screens.
- Casement Windows – Casement windows swing open much like a door. Because the screens are mounted on the inside, they make the exterior of the home quite attractive.
Buying new windows will benefit the outward appearance of your home and improve the ventilation inside. For more information on the benefits of replacing your windows, contact the experts at Design Build Team today.
IKEA recently revealed their findings from a first-ever study regarding how homeowners live in their preferred homes. The survey produced interesting facts with reference to what homeowners want in a new home:
How do people feel about their selected homes?
As much as 95% see their homes as a place to relax and 94% feel safe and secure in their homes. 78% feel their homes reveal their character and 50% prefer their homes to be welcoming and warm. A mere 1% wants their ideal home to reveal their own personal successes in life.
Which is the most lived in room?
65% of homeowners said that they live mostly in their family/living room. Furthermore, they prefer this room to be comfortable and a welcoming and extremely inviting area of the home.
What role does the kitchen play?
About 43% of homeowners said that they spend some truly memorable moments with their families while cooking a meal in the kitchen. This is higher than any other loved activity.
Which home space is rising in popularity?
Outdoor living and a home’s outdoor space is becoming exceedingly popular with most homeowners.
For unique and professional help while designing a home, please contact us today at Design Build Team.
Even if your new home is everything you ever wanted it to be, there’s a fair chance that it still doesn’t have that comfortable “lived-in” feel. Here are some easy tips on decorating a new home and making each room feel warm and welcoming.
- Texture is huge when it comes to making a home both look and feel cozy and comfortable. Soft rugs, overstuffed throw pillows, flowing draperies and touches of natural wood are all ways of easily incorporating textural elements.
- Strategically placed table and floor lamps are both practical in providing good lighting for reading or crafts, along with making the space appear more intimate.
- Don’t hesitate to allow a room, especially an over-sized room, to do double duty. In a large living room, either arrange several sitting areas or create one large conversation zone, along with a separate space for gaming or watching television.
- Mix up furniture styles. Your home shouldn’t look like a furniture showroom. While visual harmony is important, comfort and functionality is paramount.
- Surround yourself with things that define you. Family mementos, vacation souvenirs, books and crafting and hobby materials are all objects that turn a house into a home.
Please contact the Design Build Team for all your architectural needs, today.