If you love reading, adding a library to your home design is a great way to envelop your passion into your space, and also to share it with others. The following classic home library design ideas will help you create the perfect scholarly space.
- Try designing bookshelves into two adjacent walls. Floor to ceiling bookshelves look very classic and stately. In the corner between the walls, place an area rug and a few comfortable chairs where you can sit and read.
- You can create a small library near a window overlooking a beautiful yard, golf course, or other landscape. Build bookshelves above the window and to its sides, and create a seating area facing the window so you can look out as you read.
- Tall cabinets with glass doors make for a lovely library setup. The doors protect the books from dust, making it easier to keep them clean. Employ this design idea if you have an old or valuable book collection. Of course, a couple of sofas nearby soften the space.
We hope these classic home library design ideas inspire you. Contact us at Design Build Team today for information regarding our architecture services in Overland Park.
Small hallways can be more than just pathways from one room to another. When decorated properly, they can serve as small capsules of decor, adding interest and character to your home. Here are a few decorating ideas for small hallway walls.
Source: Architecture Art Designs
A small table, placed along a wall and beneath a few hung photographs, makes for a lovely display. You can accentuate the table with some accessories, like an old ink blotter or a vase of flowers.
Try hanging a mirror in the hallways. Drape some interesting beads or scarves over it to add some Moroccan-inspired style to the space. Decorating with mirrored furniture also adds style to a small space.
Candelabras on the wall tend to add an old-fashioned, traditional look to the hallways. You can find ones that are fitted with electric, candle-shaped lights to add a warm glow to the space.
One of the best decorating ideas for small hallway walls is to use elegant wallpaper. Textured wallpaper and wallpaper with big prints adds interest to the space, and you can find both modern and traditional designs.
If you’re looking for design built firm in Kansas City, don’t hesitate to contact us at Design Build Team today.
Adding passionate design the bedroom begins with the right fireplace. When you’re ready to spice up your room, consider the following modern bedroom fireplace design ideas:
- Make it Part of the View. If you have a secluded room with a view, install floor to ceiling windows and set the fireplace directly in the center.
- Texture & Frame it. Set it within textured stonework, and flank the fireplace with inset shelves and back lighting.
- Ditch the Formality. Consider a fire ribbon that floats behind glass. By removing the hearth and mantle, it gives the room a ultra modern appearance.
- Set it in Concrete. Instead of the traditional stone or brick fireplace, pour concrete in the desired form and shape.
- Raise the Fire. Instead of setting the fireplace on the floor, place it midway up the wall.
- Divide the Room. Place the fireplace in between for maximum enjoyment if you have a large bedroom with a sitting area.
These modern bedroom fireplace design ideas would look fabulous within any home. When you’re ready to learn more about modern fireplace design, please contact s at Design Build Team, Inc. today.