Peas and carrots may seem like opposites, but when combined they create a truly delicious treat. The same is true with black and green living room design ideas. In fact, these create a fabulous palette for the eyes to feast upon.
Source: Home Design Lover
Bringing black and green together creates strong definition within the room. This can be achieved by combining green walls with black furniture, or vice versa. This creates a visual effect that is stunningly solid and relaxing.
Black is a firm color that provides strength to the visual decor. Conversely, you can use varying shades of green to soften the decor to your tastes. The lighter the green you select, the softer the appeal will be. A further softening can be achieved by using patterns within the decor. Zebra stripes, floral designs, and eclectic art nouveau patterns can shake things up and create a nice contrast within the decor of the room.
We invite you to contact Design Build Team, Inc. for more details about the black and green living room design ideas we can create for you. Our architects in Overland Park will be happy to help you start your next project.
There’s something inherently comforting about rustic home design. It speaks to the soul and makes you feel right at home which is why we highly recommend the following rustic dining room design ideas and elements.
Source: Architecture Art Designs
- Expose the beams. A traditional English look is easy to create with white walls contrasted with either bare, or lightly stained wood beams.
- Bench seating. Set along the walls, bench seats provide a comfortable place to relax. They also allow you to make maximum use of the space within the room.
- Soft White Lighting. Gentle lighting is best in the dining room. Frosted glass chandeliers with low wattage bulbs create a charming and pleasant ambiance.
- Stone Fireplaces. A stone fireplace creates an inviting backdrop to any gathering. Not only is it visually appealing, the crackle and pop of burning wood creates a pleasant atmosphere for the evening.
- Out of the Ordinary. Unique items, such as deer antler chandeliers or hunting trophies. give the room character, and provide visual cues about your interests that initiate enlivened dinner conversations.
Are you considering implementing these rustic dining room design ideas? Contact us at Design Build Team Inc. and we’ll help you in the process.
Adding a master bedroom onto your house can be rather exciting. As you go about planning for your new space, always factor in the following considerations before breaking ground:
Source: Modern Yankee Builders via Houzz
- Choose the Right Location. Your new master bedroom should have privacy and shouldn’t hinder your enjoyment of the exterior landscape. Further, be certain that the new room will be easily accessible from within the home without impeding access to other rooms.
- Give it a View. Whether you place a private patio/balcony, or simply incorporate a large picture window, the new master bedroom should be open and accessible to the outdoors.
- Create a Retreat. Make the room self-contained by giving it a sitting area, fireplace, and private bar. This will make it feel more like a suite.
- Raise the Roof. Vaulted ceilings will make the room feel more welcoming and spacious. In turn, this will make for a comfortable evening for whomever is resting inside.
Adding a master bedroom onto a house is an investment in comfort that your family and guests will genuinely appreciate. For important information regarding our construction company in the Kansas City area, we invite you to contact us at Design Build Team Inc.