Orange. Its fiery flair is just what the architect ordered to bring your dining room to life. Here are some orange dining room design ideas that your dinner guests are sure to be impressed with.
- Use orange as an accent. Bright orange is ideally suited for use as along an accent wall, and it looks absolutely stunning when used in conjunction with creamy white ceilings and metallic fixtures.
- Use orange throughout. Darker oranges such as pumpkin or burnt orange provide a subdued background that looks fabulous when matched with white crown moulding and chair rails.
- Incorporate orange as part of a pattern. Adding orange to patterns that include grey, blue, and even black gives the design a colorful and playful nature that makes the whole design stand up and come to life.
The best reason to incorporate a touch of orange is that it can be easily used with a wide variety of designs. From traditional to modern, a touch of orange creates a truly remarkable ambiance.
The Design Build Team, Inc. would be happy to help you design the dining room of your dreams. To learn more about the services we have to offer, contact us by calling 913-722-1443.
If you’re searching for some empty space to turn into something fun and functional, look no further than your very own attic! With a good cleaning and clearing out, it could be ready for a renovation.
Here are some tips on how to turn your attic into a game room for countless hours of family fun:
- Make sure the floor of your attic is structurally strong enough to handle foot traffic. You don’t want to be playing a game only to fall through the floor. Consult a professional to keep safety a priority.
- Stick to a simple color scheme; chances are good that the games you bring in will have more than enough bright colors. Sticking to a monochromatic scheme will help make your space seem larger and keep it from looking cluttered.
- Play up the natural lighting. Make sure to blend in your artificial light fixtures with the ample natural light already available. Pendant lighting is a smart choice.
- Carpeting is the ideal flooring for an attic game room. Floor cushions, pillows, and window seats make comfy, decorative additions.
- Make the gaming table or a bar the centerpiece of the room.
For more ideas for on attic renovations, contact the experts at Design Build Team today.
We wanted to thank KCH&G for highlighting our DeSoto ranch in their recent newsletter. We are proud of the award we received for Best Green Home.
Andrea Darr of KCH&G wrote, “Designed in the Prairie style, this rural DeSoto ranch reached a HERS rating of 61 due to its passive/active solar design and energy-efficiency measures, ranging from rigid insulation under the basement slab and a tight envelope with ERV for fresh air to a high-efficiency wood-burning stove, solar hot water collectors and a ground-source heat pump.”
A special thank you to Andrea for recognizing the hard work that went into this project. We incorporated Aging in Place details so that the homeowners can grow into this space.
What do you think of our DeSoto project.