One of the best ways to design a luxury bathroom is to start by looking at what others have done wrong and the problems they’ve run into. Our experience has taught us that these are the five most common bathroom design mistakes to avoid:
Source: Green Mountain Construction & Design via Houzz
- No View, No Light. The better the view, the better the light, the more appealing the bathroom.
- Too Much of a View. Don’t give the neighbors a peep show. Make sure that your view isn’t too revealing.
- Making the Toilet the Focal Point. The toilet shouldn’t be the first thing you notice when entering the bathroom.
- Curbing with too much Enthusiasm. Curbless showers are fabulous; just make sure that they’re properly planned for and constructed.
- Going too big. Bigger isn’t always better. This is true whether it’s fixtures and faucets, or the overall size of the bathroom itself. Like a fairy tale, you want a bathroom that fits “just right.”
Our Kansas City area architectural service team knows the common bathroom design mistakes to avoid making. We encourage you to contact us at Design Build Team Inc. today for more helpful information regarding home bathroom design options.
Some of the most stylish designs aren’t the ones traipsing through the showrooms of Paris and Milan. The truth is that taking inspiration from the past and coupling it with modern lighting and decor can create a truly charming effect. That’s why we genuinely love these rustic living room design ideas:
Source: Architecture Art Designs
- Strong as Oak. Exposed oak beams and flooring give strength to the decor and provide a solid frame to the room. This look works whether the wood is planed to a fine finish, or left raw with all its imperfections exposed.
- Hard as Stone. River Stone fireplaces and columns create a visual cue between the home and nature. This softens the design and makes the room a comfortable place to relax.
- High Heavens. Vaulted ceilings open the room up and provide plenty of space for thoughts to wander and memories to be made.
Our design and building professionals have the skills and experience to bring these rustic living room design ideas to life in your home. When you are ready to hit the trail on your trip into the past, contact us at Design Build Team and we will be happy to lead the way.
Small hallways can be more than just pathways from one room to another. When decorated properly, they can serve as small capsules of decor, adding interest and character to your home. Here are a few decorating ideas for small hallway walls.
Source: Architure Art Designs
A small table, placed along a wall and beneath a few hung photographs, makes for a lovely display. You can accentuate the table with some accessories, like an old ink blotter or a vase of flowers.
Try hanging a mirror in the hallways. Drape some interesting beads or scarves over it to add some Moroccan-inspired style to the space. Decorating with mirrored furniture also adds style to a small space.
Candelabras on the wall tend to add an old-fashioned, traditional look to the hallways. You can find ones that are fitted with electric, candle-shaped lights to add a warm glow to the space.
One of the best decorating ideas for small hallway walls is to use elegant wallpaper. Textured wallpaper and wallpaper with big prints adds interest to the space, and you can find both modern and traditional designs.
If you’re looking for design built firm in Kansas City, don’t hesitate to contact us at Design Build Team today.