Designing a Western style living room isn’t that hard to do and with some careful planning, you can end up with a living room that even John Wayne himself would be comfortable relaxing in.
First, start with the lights. You will want to make sure to include large windows, French doors, and even skylights so that the room is constantly bathed in a warm glow of natural light. Whenever possible, use your windows to showcase the natural scenery outside the home. Finish your lighting off by including a combination of chandeliers and recessed lighting.
Next, make sure to include plenty of natural wood. Whether you decorate with log designs or simply include hardwood floors, natural wood tones are an essential element. Additionally, be sure to include natural stone; rough cut granite and limestone are always popular and can be used to build everything from fireplaces to counters. Together, the wood and stone provide a solid, masculine look and feel that’s the hallmark of western design.
Design Build Team, Inc. would be happy to help you with designing a Western style living room. Contact us at 913-722-1443 to learn more about our team and the services we have to offer.
Decorating with mirrored furniture gives your rooms a little added depth embedded right in the decor. Here are some creative and interesting ways to incorporate mirrors into your design plans:
- Place mirrored tops on coffee tables, buffets, and dining tables. These create a nice connection between the room and the items you’re serving.
- Add mirrored doors to cabinetry. The reflection will open the room up while enhancing the ambiance.
- Searching for a truly modern look? Select polished metal. It’s easy to maintain and the reflective finish will have all your guests talking about it for days.
- Use mirrors as highlights. Oversized mirrors placed above fireplaces or along walls are irresistible, and you will want to stare into them as often as you can.
- Finally, use mirrors to enhance patterns located within the furniture, carpets, or walls. It is an easy way to get more bang for your buck and further the reach of the patterns and styles you truly enjoy being surrounded by.
The Design Build Team, Inc. would be happy to help you decorate you home with mirrored furniture. All you have to do is contact us at 913-722-1443 and we’ll be happy to give you a hand.
Orange. Its fiery flair is just what the architect ordered to bring your dining room to life. Here are some orange dining room design ideas that your dinner guests are sure to be impressed with.
- Use orange as an accent. Bright orange is ideally suited for use as along an accent wall, and it looks absolutely stunning when used in conjunction with creamy white ceilings and metallic fixtures.
- Use orange throughout. Darker oranges such as pumpkin or burnt orange provide a subdued background that looks fabulous when matched with white crown moulding and chair rails.
- Incorporate orange as part of a pattern. Adding orange to patterns that include grey, blue, and even black gives the design a colorful and playful nature that makes the whole design stand up and come to life.
The best reason to incorporate a touch of orange is that it can be easily used with a wide variety of designs. From traditional to modern, a touch of orange creates a truly remarkable ambiance.
The Design Build Team, Inc. would be happy to help you design the dining room of your dreams. To learn more about the services we have to offer, contact us by calling 913-722-1443.