Every good book needs a place to rest when you’re not busy reading it. The following are four of the most creative built-in bookcase designs we’ve ever come across:
Coupled with benches and sunlight. Large windows framed with comfortable seating and books all around create an ideal place to sit and ponder as your mind sets to wander.
Source: Sawdust Girl via Decoist
Hidden in the room. Even Scooby Doo couldn’t resist a secret passageway, and when you replace the door with a bookshelf, you’ll create that very same opportunity in your home.
Source: Creative Home Engineering via Decoist
Nooked into a corner. This is an ideal use of space when you have a limited amount of space to use between rooms. It fills the space up and helps create a seamless transition between walls.
Source: Start at Home via Decoist
Walled in. Bookworms love having a wall of books to look upon and this is an aesthetically pleasing look that shows off all of your insightful and colorful books for the world to gaze upon and admire.
Source: Jessice Helgerson/Lincoln Barbour via Decoist
Contact us at Design Build Team so that we can show you some of the built-in bookcase designs we’ve completed for clients. We’d be happy to tell you more about our residential architectural services in Kansas City.
The heart of the home has always been the hearth. From cooking to entertaining, the bright flames flickering within attract family and friends to gather and share special memories with one another. Over the years, the fireplace has evolved from simple and functional to the beautifully designed fireplaces we enjoy today.
Modern fireplace designs incorporate form and functionality in equal measure. The following ideas will make your fireplace stand out:
- Inset wood storage. If you have a wood burning fireplace, set wood storage into the walls on both sides. If you have a gas fireplace, use these spaces to instead showcase statues or other collectibles.
- Create a show. Instead of boxing your fireplace up, consider installing a gas fireplace along the entire length of the wall.
- Make it unique. Don’t feel confined by squares and rectangles. Instead, incorporate curves, angles, and other non-traditional elements that will make your fireplace a work of art.
We encourage you to contact us at Design Build Team Inc. today for more information about the modern fireplace designs we can show you. Our professionals will be happy to suggest features and layouts that are ideal for your home and lifestyle.
The variety of firewood storage designs have come a long way since the days of woodpiles and simple boxes. Here are some creative and beautiful solutions that will make storing firewood a stylish proposition:
- Rolling Carts with Tall Uprights. These rolling carts make it easy for you to haul wood into your home. Plus, because they can be constructed from a wide variety of materials, you can build one custom to match your decor.
- Storage Nooks. By creating firewood storage nooks beside your fireplace, you can free up space on your hearth and also reduce the risk of embers igniting your wood pile.
- Storage Drawers. If you don’t want to look at your woodpile, store it away in a custom built drawer that will also collect any bark or branches that break off.
- Steel Towers. These look beautiful within modern homes. Their stylish look and black frame turns the storage rack into a centerpiece that’s sure to spark some conversations.
Our team will be happy to help you choose the firewood storage design that fits with your style. We invite you to contact us at Design Build Team today to learn more about our home design services in Kansas City.